In life, we aim to make our mark on the world and in our own lives by doing and achieving things meaningful and important to us. In Lipstick & Ink®’s first official event, we acknowledged and celebrated those significant and unique (and sometimes difficult) paths we all forge in our careers, relationships, and life in general.
Women came together in Chicago’s River North neighborhood in August 2018 for networking, a panel discussion, and complimentary headshots provided by Photo & Film by SarahElizabeth. The panel discussion featured five inspiring women, who have been featured in Lipstick & Ink®’s “Shine On: Women Who Inspire” series:
- Leah Caplanis, CEO of SOCIAL Sparkling Wine
- Tamara Edwards, Principal of Tamara Edwards & Co.
- Rebecca Leder, Senior Program Manager – Customer Journeys at Salesforce, Founder of TheRebeccammendations®
- Sarah Kohrt, Owner of Photo & Film by SarahElizabeth
- Fareeha Zahid, Platforms Account Executive at Google
All proceeds went to the Lipstick Saints charity, a Chicago based non-profit dedicated to creating opportunities for inner city teenage girls to become more immersed in constructive activities and achieve their full potential.