Are you ready to learn valuable tips and take action in crafting your resume?
This is the guide for you, whether your resume needs to be built from scratch or it simply just needs a refresh! L&I’s “Ultimate Guide to Crafting Your Resume” guide aims to help you get one step closer to succeeding in your job interview process.
DID YOU KNOW THAT EMPLOYERS ONLY SPEND ABOUT SIX SECONDS READING A RESUME? THAT’S RIGHT – SIX SECONDS.
If this tells you anything, you need to grab a recruiter’s attention the very second he or she begins looking at your resume. And more importantly, you want to keep those eyes on your resume! In this guide, I share tips I’ve learned over the years as to what makes a resume impressive enough to land interviews and get hired for that dream job.
While I may not personally be a recruiter, I’ve seen and provided advice on hundreds of resumes:
- I’ve reviewed resumes of those who have personally asked me
- I’ve critiqued resumes at numerous professional events
- I’ve interviewed potential team members at the companies I’ve worked for
I’ve also attended events and workshops myself where I’ve gained key learnings about resume building to ultimately land reputable jobs at Fortune 500 companies in my career. One of those companies was named the #1 World’s Best Workplace and the #2 Best Company to Work For in 2018, according to Fortune. I haven’t been hired to work for these type of companies simply by chance. It was my resume first and foremost that helped to open doors and lead me to interviews.
In this resume guide, you will find:
- A four-chapter resume guide full of credible tips
- A list of impactful action verbs to take advantage of in your resume
- A compilation of resources for additional career-specific advice and information