Learning networking basics is only a gateway to career growth and exploration.
Building your professional network is critical to career success. Making Your Mark: Building Thriving Career Relationships, brought to you by Salesforce’s Women’s Network and Kelly Nash of Lipstick & Ink® will encourage you to start thinking about how to build your network and elevate your career in the process.
Come hear from Rebecca Leder, Adoption Marketing Manager at Salesforce and Founder of TheRebeccammendations® as she takes us through The Knock Method℠, a 5-step approach she authored that will help you open doors and build thriving professional relationships. You’ll gain actionable tips and hear about Rebecca’s first-hand interviews with successful professionals, who have built something from the ground up through intentional relationship building. You will also learn valuable tools you can start using at the event and from the moment you leave!
Common networking questions we’ll answer:
- How can I find and connect with someone at a company I’m applying to that will speak with me about career opportunities?
- How can I increase the chances that someone will agree to meet with me for professional growth?
- How can I set myself up for success when approaching a person or company about job, sale, partnership, or donation?
- If I ask for an informational interview, what can I give in return for someone’s time and knowledge?
- How can I best position myself and personal brand if I’m pursuing a professional development program, speaking engagement, or board position?
- 5:30-6pm: Light refreshments & opportunity to connect with other professionals looking to grow in their careers
- 6-6:45pm: Intros + Fireside Chat with Kelly Nash, Client Partner at Salesforce and Founder of Lipstick & Ink® and Rebecca Leder, Customer Success Marketing Manager at Salesforce and author of The Knock Method℠. Learn more about how Kelly and Rebecca have cultivated strong business relationships, both at work, and with building their brands
- 6:45-7:45pm: The Knock Method℠ Workshop
- 7:45-8:30pm: Q&A + additional time to foster connections
Grab a colleague or friend and join us for this interactive, career relationship boosting event! Hope to see you there!
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Kelly Nash currently works full-time as a Client Partner at Salesforce in ad/marketing technology and has been in the advertising industry over 10 years. She is also a writer, events host, speaker and founder of Lipstick & Ink®.
Lipstick & Ink, launched in January 2018, is a career and lifestyle blog, community and events organization dedicated to motivating and inspiring the female professional. Kelly’s intention with every piece of content and event is to empower women and build their confidence, so they can unlock their potential, pursue their goals and make their mark on their careers and everyday life. Since its launch, Kelly has made powerful connections with companies such as the International Association of Women, EvolveHer, TheGlu (previously Chicago Women’s Magazine), Cliquish and Six Degrees Society. She is also in the process of writing her first book.
Kelly currently lives in Chicago with her husband and enjoys hitting up Chicago’s restaurant scene, being outdoors, traveling, volunteering, and helping women navigate their careers and cultivate relationships. She’s fueled by black coffee, sunshine, candles, fresh flowers, and a bold lip.
Rebecca Leder is a speaker, writer, connector, and Adoption Marketing Manager at Salesforce. She founded an award-winning blog, TheRebeccammendations®in 2009, and a marketing consulting company for small businesses, startups, and nonprofits at the age of 26, when she was named a Rising Star finalist in the Austin Business Journal’s Women of Influence awards. Rebecca has shared her career development, personal branding, and marketing insights for companies, classrooms, and conferences, large and small, including: Salesforce, DePaul and Loyola Universities, Startup Institute Chicago, BlogHer, and YearUp.
Over her 12+ year marketing career, Rebecca has navigated several career changes, interview cycles, and connected with thought leaders using her 5 steps to building giving relationships: The Knock Method℠. To date, it has been shared in classrooms with 150+ professionals and students who are putting the steps into practice as they build their careers and get ready…her book is in the works!
Rebecca lives in Denver with her adored husband and loves entertaining at home, hiking, yoga, traveling, and bringing people together to watch the magic of connection happen.